Sales Quote Editor updates
- New feature in price table settings to allow the sales consultant to group repeating charges in a sales quote price table (or not). Currently, repeating price line items are grouped seperately to one-off price lines, this does not suit all QuoteCloud users, so we plan to build the option to choose grouping or not.
- Update to the sales proposal price table settings feature, these settings will now appear in a new popup window. There will also be a new feature to set your preference for grouping repeating costs (e.g. monthly, quartery, annual costs) or not. Currently QuoteCloud will always group repeating cost line items below one-off price line items. This new feature will let you decide if you want repeating cost price line items below one-off price line items, or left mixed with one-off line items.
Sales Quote Editor updates
- Sales Quote Editor - price tables can now handle prices with up to 4 decimal places, this feature is useful for organisations that need to have pricing below 1 cent/pence, etc for example if you sold 1000 minutes of talk time on a phone plan for 0.0067cents.
Sales Quote Editor - Row and Columns feature in the sales quote editor - split a row into columns for easy organisation of content blocks e.g. text, images, videos.
Sales Quote Editor - new settings feature for content blocks (as well rows and columns) set - padding, margins, border, border radius, background colour, background images and more...
Sales Quote Editor - add an image to general price row - currently price line images are available when adding products/services from the product catalogue in QuoteCloud, now you have the option to add images for adhoc price lines.
Sales Quote Editor - Ability to optionally allow your customers to adjust the quantity to order in sales proposals before they accept and sales proposal.
Sales Quote Editor - Ability to set price lines as options - let your customer choose which option they want to purchase. Price options can be set to multiple or single choice within a sub heading (group)
Sales Quote Editor - new price table settings feature that configures a sales proposal price table to not show price line items in a sales proposal if the quantity of the line item is zero. This will allow sales proposal template administrators to create a sales proposal price table template with many price line items preloaded. When a sales consultant creates a sales proposal using this sales proposal template, sales consultants need only set a quantity for the price line item to appear in the sales proposal that is sent to a customer. This feature will save time by avoiding the task of manually removing unwanted line items. This suits businesses that prefer to create a standard price table of products/service line items in a sales proposal template.
Sales Quote Editor - If your QuoteCloud account is configured to not allow Discounts, you will no longer see the Discount button in the price table editor, as no discounts can be assigned, previously the button displayed an empty drop down.
Sales Quote Viewer - there is a new column for "Total Recurring Price", this column appears when a repeating charge is applied to a price line item, for example a monthly charge. This new column shows the total price i.e. Quantity x Price.
Sales Quote Editor - a new option has been added to the Edit User Profile option in the Configuration menu. This switch will allow each user to decide when editing or creating new sales proposals, if they prefer the sales proposal editor opened in a new browser tab, or use the same tab as the sales proposal dashboard.
Sales Quote Editor - The presentation of content blocks have been made "What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG)" to represent as closely as possible to the PDF and HTML view as the customer will see your sales proposal content. This mainly applies to the page width (which is set to A4 for PDF, and the equivalent in Pixels for the HTML view).
Sales Quote Cover Pages
- Sales Quote Editor / Sales Quote Templates - customise your cover page layout with the new custom cover page editor. This great new tool lets you move away from the standard layout of information on sales proposal cover pages. You can now completely control the design of your own cover page content.
- A new library of cover page background images is available with a new option to add these to your Cover Page Library.
Contact Address Book
- Contact Address Book - usability improvement - the footer menu bar now sticks to the bottom of the page instead of scrolling off page when the number of contact displayed falls below the page fold. This is now standard across all content libraries - products, images, spreadsheets, pdf;s, text blocks, telco libraries - phones, devices, addons.
Sales Forecast Tool
Sales Forecast Tool - If your account is set-up to manage other sales consultants in QuoteCloud, you can now view and adjust the sales forecast data for all sales proposals within your team. There is a new column filter for "Sales Team" and "Sales Consultant". This feature will only appear if your user account is set-up to manage other Sales Consultants.
PDF Content library
- PDF Library - the ability to add sub-folders in the PDF library has been introduced, this will cater for those organisations that have very large PDF libraries for example those customers using the PDF library for product brochures/specification sheets, or safety information for products. The QuoteCloud PDF library is very popular for embedding complex content layouts into sales proposals, especially for product specification pages
Sales Quote Dashboard
- New left toolbar added to the left hand side of the sales quote dashboard, this toolbar will contain quick access to the major components of the QuoteCloud system, such as Sales Quote Dashboard, Inbox, Contacts, Integration, software extensions, help centre, etc
- Inbox - a new feature, it is designed to make viewing messages very easy to access in one place. Messages in your inbox are comments from customers when reading sales proposals, as well as system notifications. For ease of use, this new message Inbox is styled just like an email inbox, such as Outlook or Gmail, etc.
- Data storage analysis tool - this utility gives you an instant view of your storage usage versus your subscription plan. This tool now shows storage used for the Contracts & Plans (Telco) plugin software libraries (Mobile phones, phone system products, addons)
Workflow Plugin Updates
- Discounted Sales Quotes - This plugin now gives the option for manager approval to be only triggered if a discount is applied to the sales proposal.
- Automatic Follow-up emails to customers - A new feature has been added to this plugin that allows the sales consultant or system administrator to configure sales proposal reminders to be automatically sent to customers. This feature is designed to increase sales conversion by automatically sending a reminder email if a customer has not opened a sales proposal after a defined number of days. The reminders can also be sent after a defined number of days since the sales proposal was sent, and if the customer has not opened it recently.
- CC Email Alerts - It is now possible to set email addresses for the Approval Even and Payment Event email alerts to be copied to other people, such as your finance/accounts department, so they are alerted when a sales proposal is approved or a customer makes a payment on a sales quote (using the QuoteCloud Payments plugin)
New plugin - Email Marketing (Bulk Emailing):
- Think mailchimp... creating email marketing campaigns to send to customers and prospects - same features as Mailchimp but cheaper... and have the extra functionality of QuoteCloud as part of an email campaign.
- create standard sales orders - bulk send to customers, and let customers choose the quantity to order e-sign / approve / even make payment...
- sales orders received are created as accepted sales quotes on the sales quote dashboard.
- Use the email plugin with QuoteCloud features or just as a stand alone email marketing tool... everything in one place.
PDF Page Header and Footer
- the User Interface to configure the PDF Page Header and Footer for sales proposals, is due to be enhanced with new features two bring the editing more inline with how desktop tools like Word and Google Docs manager headers and footers.
- Update for sales proposal price table - the sales proposal price table was not showing the TOTAL COST column even though the hide/show switch was set to show the column.
- Update to the sales proposal Notes function, to allow for a sales consultant to delete a note if required.
- Improved the auto save function to work in more situations.
- Updated layout of e-signature certificate in sales proposals.
- Fixed issue with embedded PDF's not rendering in the sales proposal viewer
- Fixed profit calculation to account for discounts/margins and markups in sales proposals
- Allow consultants to delete sales proposal notes
- Add sales proposal PDF file URL for Zapier supported Apps
- More descriptive client information is provided in the sales proposal discussion email.
- Issue causing content libraries not to render when corrupted data is detected is now patched.
- Activation button in registration email now easier to click on touch devices.
- Fixed sales proposal pricing table issue where the summary row would be wider than the pricing table.
- Content library font reduced to allow more content to be viewed on screen without scrolling.
- UI enhancements - Content libraries now have fixed footer and allow internal scrolling.
- Fixed issue with Plans and Contracts (Telco) plugin not saving data.
- Fixed alignment of content in sales proposal cover pages (affected since last version only)
- Changed layout of Plans and Contracts (Telco) plugin content libraries. Allowing more information to be viewed while editing.
- Adding more vertical space to preview inside the PDF library.
- Reduced height of toolbars inside the video editor and content libraries.
- Updated Sales Proposal Notes area to a tabbed view to filter information.
- Upgraded Froala Editor to version 3.0
- Minor UI/UX changes throughout the software application.
- Add French and English support to CAD currency within sales proposals.
- URL for the sales proposal PDF version has been added to Zapier for integration to 3rd party systems
- prevent unwated empty pages when embedding multiple PDF files in to a sales proposals
- update to controller software that creates the sales proposals in PDF format - to stop characters being cut in half when a text block runs over two pages.
- Fix for view mode of sales proposals (HTML/web version) not showing embedded PDF files (caused by the bulk PDF file uploader for the PDF library, not correctly creating the page image to display in the web version of sales quotes. Now the software has a safeguard to check for page images that do not exist from a bulk PDF file upload.
- Added support for selected Google Fonts and Asian fonts (can be seen Edit Style and Edit Templates function).
- New Profit Margin and cost calculator within the Sales Proposal Editor: calculating the cost vs price of products including discounts.
- New Total Monthly Costs column can now be added to the pricing table (Plans and Contracts -Telco plugin).
- Added full screen mode when editing a spreadsheet.
August 15, 2019 update
- India Rupee currency display; the display of the Indian Rupee has been updated to the correct format.
- Release of the Contracts and Plans plugin is now available. This new plugin contains special features for any organisation that sells service contract plans and products based on different monthly repayment plans. This plugin is the perfect solution if you sell IT solutions, business phone systems, or mobile phone plans,etc.
May 2019 update
QuoteCloud User Interface Upgrade
- a new improved sales proposal editor User Interface. This update contains many updates to the user interface to improve speed and efficiency for Sales Consultants. This update covers the following areas:
a) new design for accessing the content libraries
b) compacted the price table editor to allow more visual space when editing pricing data
c) the cover pages section (first section in a sales quote) now provides a full preview of the cover page with settings avaiable through options on the right hand tool bar.
- Chinese, Japanese and Korean fonts now work in PDF's for QuoteCloud sales quotes. Previously these characters only worked in the web view of a sales quote. Happy selling to our Chinese, Japanese and Korean fields :)
- It is now possible to set the currency for a sales proposal -- in sales proposals and sales proposal templates. Previously the currency was set for for your entire QuoteCloud account and was single currency. The default will be the currency set by your account, this can be overridden in a single sales proposal or set in the a sales proposal templates. This feature will not be available if you have activated the QuoteCloud Payments plugin (we are working with the team at the Stripe Payment Gateway to upgrade our implementation of Stripe payments to allow for multi-Currency. Stay tuned for updates on this Stripe upgrade!
- Phone number has been added to the create sales quote wizard. this will allow you to record the customer's contact phone number for each sales quote you create
- the User interface for managing your content libraries (text, images, videos, spreadsheets, PDF's) has been completely overhauled to make it quicker and easier to manage your libraries.
- The options that are available in the Edit Styles function (in the Configuration Menu of the user dashboard) are now available when creating Sales Proposal Templates. This is useful if you want to vary a template from the system default settings in the Edit Styles function.
Software release notes were first published on this website May 2019.