1. Choose Salesforce as the trigger system for you ZAP. In the next step you will have to choose the type of trigger you want to setup. Here we've selected "New Contact"
2. Linking accounts is super simple but important ! You need to ensure we're connecting to the right account by supplying the appropriate credentials for your source system. When you connect accounts the pop-up will show you clearly what details are required, it's usually your login credentials or an API ID / Key.
3. Testing this step will ensure your connection to Salesforce and your account is all good. It will also perform a test run of retreiving a data object of the type required, a new contact in this case. This will ensure before progressing, everything checks out.
4. Next chosse the destination system where the action is going to be executed, using the incoming data from your trigger. Of course choose QuoteCloud here!
Next you can choose the type of action you want to perform and connect up your QuoteCloud account as we did previously for Salesforce.
5. The "Edit Template" step is the all important mapping of fields exercise. Here you can map the source field to the destination field. It's really quite simple but you can get tricky using some of the more advanced logic Zapier offers. You can also perform multi-step ZAPs allowing you to transform the data along the way or some other funky requirement.